Names changed to protect the innocent (and all those not me)
Process Automation and Production Test Engineer
Basic Function/General Description
Develop tools for the Configuration, Shipping, Installation, and Support of the company’s products. The tools will provide consistency while reducing labor content.
• Develop and maintain the images for the various servers and clients and supply to Shipping and Service with written instruction.
• Attend design and review meetings for new stages and products.
• Maintain the System Control Diagrams for the Installation and Support Departments.
• Develop and maintain the tools to configure the current software releases.
o These tools will aid in the configuration of new sites, legacy conversions and add-on modules.
o Evaluate the feedback from the Support staff on existing tools the need for tools to be developed.
o Emphasize the standardization of site configuration and only automate the configurations we support.
o Write Help documents for the tools developed to assure consistent application
• Assist in escalated Support issues, as required, when the cause is a hardware image, internal tools or documentation setup issue. This escalation should result in a corrective action for the tools or documentation.
• Develop and maintain a system testing process and tools to be administrated by the Shipping department.
• Experience with the following programming languages: Delphi, Visual Basic, Turbo Pascal
• Knowledge of the Windows XP Registry structure and Windows XP Pro deployment tools.
• Advanced DOS Batch programming experience
• Experience with DOS & Windows TCP/IP networking and related hardware
• Proficiency in SQL and Relational Database concepts.
Computer degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge of our current products, legacy products and the POS industry
Position Reports to: Director of Operations
Nothing in this job description restricts the right of management to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.